Wednesday, April 20, 2011

coffee tables

Oh boy! Where to start?

Hubby removed the coffee table from our living room this morning. The boys were being pirates and making each other "walk the plank" and you can probably guess what was being used for the plank....

They really do love having that table in the living room.... it makes a fantastic stage, it's great for being a penguin (sliding across it on their bellies like a penguin slides on ice), it can make a pretty neat tunnel too. But when they don't listen to the rules we have for safety (especially their sister's safety) it gets taken away.

I'll get used to not having it again. We've put it in storage a few times over the years..... when the Boy insisted on climbing onto it when he was a year old, when Boy2 would run into it or fall and bump his head on a corner, when living spaces were too narrow (or plain too small). I'll miss you, dear coffee table, but I'll likely see you again at Christmas when I need something to put decorations on again.

My little Girl does not like to be left (if she notices). I had her on the floor this afternoon and she was doing her bum-scoot thing (sitting on the floor, leaning forward and sitting back, slowly inching her way to where she wants to be) and the boys were in the living room with her. They came into the kitchen for a snack and she was still there, fine and chewing on a toy, until she saw me and realized that I was in the kitchen and not by her side. Oh, the noise!

But she can roll from her back to her front when she's motivated. That too get a bit loud, but it does her good.

The boys have been "going camping" alot too. Dragging around pillows and blankets, pretending to roast marshmellows, closing the curtains to pretend it's night time. I'm getting a little tired of stepping and tripping on blankets and pillows, but it's really nice to see their imaginations growing.

They've started playing horsey again too. This is a theme introduced to them by a girl I looked after last year. This is the first time since the move in July that I've seen them do this. I wonder what they remember, or if it's their way of displaying their memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment