Sunday, May 1, 2011

growing up...

We just got home from church about half hour ago. There was a lunch followed by AGM today, and I wasn't going to stay that long, but I started drying dishes and they just never seemed to end...

Boy2 fell asleep in the van en route home, so he's sleeping on the couch, the Girl slept through most of the meeting, so she's awake, and the Boy and Daddy were home for maybe 20 minutes before the Boy says "Daddy? Will you go for a walk with me?"

"Where to?" asks Daddy.

"Just around. And I'll wear my sandals."

So Daddy and the Boy left for a walk, just the two of them. I don't know what to feel. The Boy was always more Mommy-centered (except where the truck is concerned, then Daddy is the awesomest person in the world!) and now he wanted a walk with Dad. I'm happy for this relationship development, but it's another sign that the baby I brought home four and a half years ago is growing. (that and the fact that he's rapidly running out of pants that fit and we bought new shoes since the old ones were way too tight)

Hubby had put a roast in the slow cooker before church this morning, so when I opened the door this afternoon I had a whiff of heaven! I am really looking forward to supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment