Friday, May 6, 2011

Health update

Yesterday was not very fun for me. I have had a rough couple of days (and nights) with some severe abdominal pain. Usually when that happens it goes away and doesn't come back for a really long time. So when I was up for 5 or six hours Wednesday night, tender off and on yesterday, and then, yesterday morning had it again in full force, I finally did what Hubby wanted me to do Wednesday night.

I called a friend and Hubby and I went to the hospital in Stony Plain. We were there for an hour and a half before we got in to see the nurse, and then another hour before the Doctor came. I sent Hubby home (not much point both of us being there, bored to death), they sent a bunch of blood out for tests, and hooked me up to morphine and gravol. (boy, that was an experience...)It was kinda neat feeling the way my limbs felt fuzzy and almost numb. My very first time having anything like that.

All in all, I spent 8 hours of my day in the hospital. When the drugs started to wear off, the Doctor came and told me that I likely had gallstones. He sent me home with some narcotics for pain, and said "If you get a fever, you come back here. If the painkillers don't work, you come back here." Succinct enough, I think.

So I'll get a phone call Monday to let me know when my ultrasound will be, but he sounded pretty confident that it was gallstones and that the gallbladder will be taken out. It would be nice to be pain-free.

So. I called Hubby to let him know they could come and pick me up. Apparently, as they pulled in and Boy2 saw me sitting on the bench just outside he was disappointed. "Awe. No baby?" So Hubby thinks we need to go to the hospital more, since Boy2 has come to associate it with having babies. It made me laugh, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment