Tuesday, May 10, 2011

BOYS!

Wow, I'm surprised that I held it together...

I just went upstairs to check on the boys. They are both awake (not really a surprise), but the Boy had sneaked in his shark's tooth necklace that my parents had brought back for him from their trip in February and had gouged a hole in his wall. It's not that big, about a half inch across, but it's as deep as the tooth is long, and he had to have really worked at it. He said it was for ladybugs and polliwogs to sleep in. Nonetheless, there is still a hole is the frigging WALL!!! AAARRRGGHHH! KIDS!

They really are pretty good boys (most of the time). On Monday I spent all day in the hospital waiting room for my ultrasound results, so Daddy had to take the kids with him to the service he did at the Good Samaritan Society. Apparently they were as good as gold.

I really don't mind that they track dirt through the house. Dirt cleans. Floors get swept, carpets vacuumed, walls washed (though not frequently enough in this house), but holes in the walls??? I can even kinda tolerate when he "wrote" a story on the banister in pen. He is quite creative, he just doesn't seem to be all that forward thinking sometimes. (I know, he's only four. But sometimes...)

Boy2 is SO contrary. He was looking at a picture of the Boy, saying it was him. So the two got into a heated argument because Boy2 said the picture was of him, when it was clearly of the Boy. So I calmly said, "Boy2, what colour are your eyes?" Those mischievous blue eyes looked and thought, then said "Ummm.... Brown!" And that's just one example.

The number of times he's said something just to get his brother's goat! I'd be rich if I had a penny for each time! Of course it doesn't help those times when the Boy purposely goads and baits his brother...

The Girl is turning into a regular character. She's such a card. She's stared throwing herself backwards when you hold her, so you always have to keep both hands on her. (She did this to Hubby and luckily he has quick reflexes!)

She is also SO close to crawling. She scoots and moves around a bit, and she's starting to move around more by wiggling on her tummy, but I had her on the bed tonight and she got onto her tummy and nearly up on her knees. But she really has an opinion of what she wants.

After spending so much time away yesterday, all she wanted was mommy cuddles. I handed her to Daddy for a minute and she just cussed at him! (that is, she would have had she been able to speak. There was no misinterpreting the meaning behind that sound!)

Tomorrow, I'm back at the hospital, but this time the Girl is coming with us (Thank you so much Gum Grandma and Turkey Grandpa for watching my little Hellions this last little bit! You've likely earned a Sainthood in all this!) to give these wonderful people a bit of a break. This really is ridiculous, though. I've spent so much time in the hospital this last week, that I really do have a pain in my neck from sitting in those chairs for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment