Tuesday, May 24, 2011

more updates

It's feeling good to write again.

Here's the update, for those who may have missed it: I was in the hospital for 8 1/2 days last week (I was admitted May 12, and I got out May 20). I'd had some gallbladder issues and was in the hospital in Stony Plain the Friday previous, had an ultrasound on the following Monday, went in for an ERCP Wednesday, and went to emergency around 3 am Thursday. The ERCP had caused acute pancreatitis, so I was in there until the pain was gone and the food would stay down. It looked like I was going to go home Wed, May 18th, but the night before I had a repeat attack, so they had to keep me longer.

I'm doing fine now. I go for follow-up in a couple of weeks, and we'll see about the gallbladder then.

Now, on to the more important things: the kids!

The radio station we listen most to has added "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen into their rotation this weekend, and the Boy absolutely LOVES it! Every time it starts playing, he gets a bit of a crazy smile on his face and he just twinkles as he sings along. In the van, at home, doesn't matter. He and his brother were in the basement playing and Hubby turned on the radio just in time to hear it start. I asked if he was going to call the Boy up, and he said no. Sure enough, not five seconds later, we heard the thump, thump thump of feet on the stairs on their way up to sing and dance to this song.

Boy2 won't be out done, though. He goes right in there and sings and plays along too. And, OH! the temper tantrums that Boy2 has had lately! He's tired, and we're just getting back into a routine after me coming home, so I understand that part. But my good heavens! Anything could be a reason to fly off the handle. He disagrees with his brother over something, they both want the same toy, he doesn't want to do something (like eat his dinner), it seems as though almost everything is worth a fight for this child. Then he goes and does something like he did this afternoon and nap for only 45 minutes. That is not long enough for that child.

My little Girl is kinda crawling now. If she doesn't think about it, she can go about three or four spaces before she stops and slides on her tummy. She is moving around, though. She can get from laying down to sitting up now, no problem at all. And she;s pulling herself to standing holding onto the futon too, more and more. Her character is developing in leaps and bounds, it's really wonderful to watch. She gets into the cupboards and plays with the dishes, finds all sorts of interesting things on the floor to stuff into her mouth (like coins her brothers drop), and now is on the bottle (that's what happens when Mamma is stuck in the hospital. She seems to like it now, though).

Going to sign off, for right now, though. I should probably check in to bed, since my body is still trying to get back up to speed. This is what I get for doing nothing but lay in bed for a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment