Thursday, June 2, 2011

fun updates!

The Girl tried to clap her hands this morning. They connected, but no the palms, so there was no sound, but she was smiling, chuckling, and hitting her hands together. It was so cute! And she is crawling around like a busy bee, too. Every once in a while, the Boy or Boy2 will ask me to move her, and I'll just remind them that I could move her, but she'll just move right back. She likes being in on the action :)

I do have to remind the Boy that she's getting bigger and doesn't need him sitting behind her for support anymore. Just like I have to remind Boy2 that even though she is getting bigger and moving around, doesn't mean she's big enough to play rough with yet.

It's been a good week. Made a batch or two of cookies, made bread last week, picked up a plant or two, planted them, and the seeds I had. We got in basil, chives, oregano, and marjoram. I've never grown herbs before. I hope they work!

As we wait for our grass to grow in the back yard, I realize that I won't really be getting a garden in this year. I may be able to get planter boxes and do a few things like lettuce and carrots, but not what I had originally hoped. But that's alright. With planters there are fewer weeds to look after.

The other day, Boy2 was playing with his little dino buddies and he had one of them singing to the other. "I've got the devil on my shoulder!" When I told Hubby about this (I thought it was cute) he said that maybe it wasn't the best song to let our little boy listen to. It's one of the songs Hubby sometime youtubes for the boys to watch with him. The odd thing is that it's been a while since they'd seen it.

The Boy, being done preschool, was bugging me to phone the mom of one of his friends to have a playdate. So they came over yesterday. It was so cute! This little girl is just as fond of the Boy as he is of her. They hug, they hold hands, they are practically inseparable. What made it even more amusing is that Boy2 likes her alot as well, and she has a younger sister that just turned 2. So when little sis saw the Boy and big sis holding hands, she wanted to hold Boy2's hand. Only Boy2 was oblivious to this and was following the Boy and big sis around, wanting to play too.

I've been very lucky with my health lately too. I saw our family doctor last week and she ordered some blood work to see how my liver levels were. They are still a bit high, but I'm feeling fine. My eyes are still clear, my skin isn't yellowing. I don't really understand why everything seems wonky, but I'm happy that I feel fine.

I also noticed, since coming home, that I lost a pant size. My pants no longer fit me, so I had to get some new ones. They are a bit snug, but they don't fall down when I walk, so that's a plus! I wouldn't recommend going into the hospital with pancreatitis as a weight loss program, but it is nice to have a bit of a smaller waist line.

No comments:

Post a Comment