Saturday, July 30, 2011

As we are getting ready for our little vacation, I thought I'd sit and write a bit. Nap time is good for that.

In the last couple of days, the Boy has really started doing/saying some really funny things. Like, when he asks something and my answer is no. He comes up to me with a sign he's made and says, "You know what this says, Mommy? It says 'No Mommies are allowed to say no.' That's what it says."

And last night, he had my computer beside him and told me that if I wanted it, I would have to pay him money to buy it from him. So funny. It's already mine, Kiddo!

He's been kinda moody too, but I think that has more to do with the excitement of travel plans and life trying to get back to somewhat normal.

Boy2 has been doing/saying cute things too. Whenever I say no to him, what he says is "How 'bout you think about it, Mom?" So, for an example :"Mom, I want to sleep in the tent at a beach." "Ummm..... No" "How 'bout you think about it, Mom?"

He spent 45 minutes this morning washing dishes. They were all done, the sink was empty, and he pulled the chair up and told me he wanted to do dishes. So I put lukewarm water in the sink and got out some of our plastic dishes for him to "wash". Five minutes later, "I need more!"

The Girl is becoming more and more stubborn when it comes to sleeping. Every nap and bedtime has turned into a struggle with her trying to squirm and keep herself awake. Maybe she's been spending too much time talking to her oldest brother...

But she's a real pro at getting up the stairs. She's started trying (or at least attempting) to climb over the baby gates. She really does hate missing out on the action.

We've been busy getting things together and organized for this trip. I really don't know who is the most excited. It's quite probably a toss up for everyone here at chez Macintyre. Except maybe the Girl. I don't think she really knows what's coming, or cares as long as Mommy and Daddy are there.

I spent the morning making coats for some stuffed animals. Teddy and Dragon were cold and they needed something to keep them warm on our trip. So here is what I did for them. Then Triceratops and Froggy needed one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment