Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Deadlines

I am fantastic with deadlines. Nothing better to motivate me. The Boy reminded me that I had told him I'd make him a quilt for his birthday after I'd made Boy2 his for his b-day. He reminded me yesterday. His big day is Friday. So, this morning we made an expedition into Edmonton to the Fabricland here on the west end. I also promised him we'd go to the dollar store to pick up balloons when we were done.

So, what started out as the Boy wanting to pick out green fabric to use, turned into him nearly having a fit unless I got him the Batman stuff. So we got Batman and a solid yellow to off set it. Brought it home and cut it all out this afternoon. Started sewing after the kids went to bed, and it's all sewn into strips. Thought I'd take a break and I'll sew the strips together tomorrow. Gonna be fun!

It's good, though. The Boy, after I was done cutting the squares out, took my rotary blade and tried to cut a square out of the table cloth. Yes, he did cut the cloth, but he also cut the side of his finger. Not a big cut, but enough to draw a bit of blood. Threw a fit when he saw it.

Then he broke down completely when I refused him a bandaid. (I know, I'm a horrible mother, but if the bandaid is on, there seems to be no connection between cause and effect) So I told him how serious it could have been. He knows he's not supposed to touch those blades. He not only picked up the blade, but had to pull down the guard in order to make the cuts. He knew exactly what he was doing, but didn't want the reminder of his actions.

The Girl has virtually started walking. Every day she goes a little farther and wants to go. Sometimes she'll just get down and crawl, and other times she gets up and walks, falls, then tries again. It's really exciting. The boys are really excited for her too!

Hubby and I have been together for nine years today. It's also his brother's birthday, so that's kinda fun too. Nine years ago, we went on our first date. Can hardly believe it's been both that long and that short. Friday marks our first baby's fifth birthday, next Saturday (the third) will be our sixth wedding anniversary, and the day after that will be our girl's first birthday. Time flies all too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment