Thursday, September 22, 2011

cold season is here!

I do have to say....  I'n diggin' the "new" furniture for the basement!  We posted an ad on kijiji for the old brown set that has been with us since internship and someone answered the add within minutes.  It was gone by supper time :)

The boys have started doing something a little puzzling and kinda cute in an odd way.  I've been told to "make my darned sucking bed," "turn on the darn sucking fan," and to "close the darned sucking bus door."  You can probably fill in what they were trying to say....

The puzzling part is where they got the language.  Neither one of us uses foul language around the kids, we censor their TV, so I really don't know.

Been really busy.  Lots of apples made into pies and crisps.  All put in the freezer to enjoy later.  Plus we've enjoyed a pie or two since we got the apples.  Very tasty, very yummy.  I've come across some very yummy recipes.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some muffins done tomorrow.

The kids have all had the sniffles and coughs.  The Boy's cough is really interrupting his sleep, and he wakes up sounding so hoarse.  I kept him from school today because I really don't think the other parents would like these germs shared with their angels...

Boy2 has a nose that's running like crazy, so does the Girl....  She had one really good night's sleep, and then last night she was up alot again.... Ended up in bed with me and she wasn't very restful even then.  She's cut a few molars and a couple of eye teeth.  All in all doing alot of growing up.

Made up some potato pancakes for supper.  Much like the chicken bake yesterday, there was alot of "I don't like that.  I want macaroni."  But they did eat, so they got their apple pie.  We also did some family Wii and lots of story time.  It's been a good day.

So now the kids are asleep, Hubby and I are sitting on our new couch, and we're very full from some very yummy food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment