Saturday, September 17, 2011

exciting night

Last night we had a bit of a scare.  Boy2 woke up with a nightmare around 9-ish (not too out of the ordinary, the last few nights he's been having them).  Then, a little bit later, we heard an odd sound.  The poor boy had a terrible cough!  I had never heard it before, but Hubby said that Boy2 had woke up from a nightmare with the same cough when I was in the hospital back in May.

Hubby asked if I thought he should go to the hospital, and after weighing both sides I said yes.  When dealing with the kids I'd rather err on the side of caution and get him checked out anyways.  So they left just before 10 last night and were home just before 2 this morning.  Apparently just after they walked in to the ER, an Edmonton City Police officer came in.  My boys both just LOVE the police (as most little boys do) so I guess the "cool" factor was very high.

The doctor said that it was likely croup brought on by stress in the nightmare.  So we'll keep an eye on him.  The first thing Boy2 told me when I was tucking him back in was that the doctor put the white on his finger.  I asked Hubby, and he said that it was the little white clip that is put on your finger to read the oxygen levels.

When the Girl and Boy woke up this morning, Boy2 woke up as well.  I got him to get into bed with Daddy for a little bit, but that was short lived since he doesn't like missing any action.  But when he was still upstairs, I sat the Boy down and explained why we were letting Daddy and Boy2 sleep.  Less than five minutes later, Boy2 came down the stairs.  The Boy went straight to his brother and was asking questions, trying to find out if he was better, did he get a needle, where did he get that cool fire truck sticker.

He also wanted me to take off the little bracelet the admitting nurse put around that tiny wrist.

I do have a couple of videos I'm trying to post here, but every time I try to upload to youtube it takes so long, or the connection isn't quite complete.  They will be coming, though.  I'll keep trying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment