Thursday, September 8, 2011

Busy Minds

We were sitting at the table, just before supper tonight, and the Boy and I had this conversation:

"Mom, tonight Boy2 and I are having a special meeting."

"Where is it?  What's it for?"

"Our meeting is here, and we're going to talk about how Jesus came back alive after he died."

"Really?"

"Yep.  And then we're going to sing a song."

"What are you going to sing?"

"The one that goes 'Holy, holy, holy.  Lord God Almighty.  (mumble mumble) sing to Thee!"

"Oh, Sweetie, that's beautiful!  Can Daddy and I come to your meeting?"

"Yep.  Me and Boy2 and Girl, and Mommy and Daddy."

Then Boy2 chimes in and says "I have a song about Spiderman!"

It was such a wonderful conversation to have with my little big Boy!

This morning we dropped the Boy off at school, then dropped Daddy off at clergy breakfast, then went to the doctor's for the Girl's 12 month checkup.  She weighs a whopping 26lbs, 4 oz, and is 29.5 inches tall.  As soon as the doctor looked at her she said "Wow!  She's thriving!"  Since I had Boy2 with me, I asked him if he wanted to sit in the chair while I stood with the Girl.  Nope.  He wanted to stand and watch too.

Then, since we had a few minutes to kill, we went to the little bakery downstairs in the mall where the clinic is.  I got a coffee and the two little ones shared a juice and a big cookie.  Boy2 sat across from me and started making small talk.  "Mommy?  I love you."  Over and over.

Then we were off to the health unit for the Girl's immunizations.  While there, Boy2 was watching and talking to the health nurse, asking what she was doing, what each vaccine was, how it would help his sister.  He was being such a grown up!

When we were waiting the 10-15 minutes after the shots, Daddy texted and asked if we wanted to pick him up.  Over this next month he has next to no days off, so he wanted to be home for a bit today.  Went to the church to pick him up, headed out to the second hand store to find a couple off clothing items for him (he's finding it difficult to wear the clothes he has.  He's lost 30 or so pounds, so alot of it doesn't fit him anymore), then to the "big mall" for a bit of lunch and pick up some shoes and some more clothing for both of us (I got a new purse too!).  Got home in time to clean up breakfast (since we were a little short on time this morning and got home much later than I anticipated.  Not complaining though.  I like having my morning shifted to include Hubby:)) change clothes and pick up the Boy from school.

Then we got out the little pool (there aren't going to be that many hot days left) and splashed around for a little bit.  Then came the pre-dinner conversation.  Now the kids are all asleep.  Hubby has finished the work he wanted to get done tonight, and we're going to go downstairs.  I'm going to do some pilates, he'll be doing his floor exercises (push ups, sit ups, and jumping jacks) then we'll probably watch a bit of TV or play Wii.  Wonderful end to a pretty neat day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment