Tuesday, October 4, 2011

meandering thoughts

I do have some pictures to post, but they are on my netbook which Hubby took with him to S'toon, so I'm on his laptop right now.  Pics will be posted when he returns.

Well, I finally made it to the Dollarstore to pick up some fall/Hallowe'en decor.  Boy2 was super excited and wanted to buy out the whole store, but we managed to keep it to a minimum :)  A couple skeletons, some scare crows, window stickers, spiderwebs, and garlands and the house is ready for the end of the month.  Now I just need to dig under the stairs for the Christmas CD's and I'll be ready to start my Christmas projects!

Last night the boys traded stuffed animals.  Boy2 had been sleeping with a tazmanian devil, and the boys was sleeping with his grey tabby cat.  SO they switched and told each other that they needed to help the animals sleep good.  So when I was up at 2 am with the Girl and I heard the Boy talking faintly, I went to see what was wrong.  He was saying that he needed to protect Taz.  That it was his job, and my job, and Daddy's job, and the Girl's job, and Boy2's job.  Then he gave me a kiss and rolled back over to sleep.  I wonder how much actual sleep that child got last night.

It seems like each time Daddy goes away, the kids deal with it a little bit better.  Or maybe it's just their understanding is increasing, so when we say Daddy will be home in __ sleeps, they know how long that will be.  But they have adjusted pretty well.  Usually it takes two days to adjust, then two days to readjust when he gets home.  Maybe it won't this time.

Just before Boy2 turned one, I noticed a small bump on his left ring finger.  We had one doctor tell us it was a wart and to put duct tape on it to irritate it out.  Right.  A baby is going to allow some tape to stay on his finger for an indefinite period of time.  I mentioned it when he had his check up right before his birthday, but the doctor didn't look at it.  So when I had him in with me when the Girl had her year check up, we showed her.  She didn't know what it was, so she put in a referral to a dermatologist in Edmonton.  So today we got a phone call saying that he has an appointment on October 25th.  I'll be glad to get it looked after.  It doesn't seem to bug him, but that's probably because he's had it for nearly three years.

Thanksgiving is coming up and we're excited to be spending it here with just us.  Hubby hasn't had a full day off for about three weeks, so it'll be nice to have some intimate family time.  Plus he has a wedding and three baptisms this weekend, so it's not like it'll be that quiet :)  Definitely looking forward to Sunday afternoon and Monday.  I'm also going to try my hand at cheesecake, I've decided.  We had dinner Saturday at the church administrator's house and they served cherry cheesecake for dessert (which happens to be an absolute favourite of both Hubby's and mine) and I realized that I've never made one!  So I'm going to try a pumpkin cheesecake.  Hopefully it'll be edible...

No comments:

Post a Comment