Tuesday, May 22, 2012

brief thoughts

Yesterday we did a little bit of shopping.  Hubby really wanted pop (we pick some up every few months and it lasts a few months) and I wanted to pick up some black sandals.  So I got my sandals, the kids got some as well, and as we headed toward the pop aisle, Hubby branched off with Boy2 looking for something else we had decided we needed.  He caught up with me, looked at the box I'd put in, glanced down the aisle to the kind of pop he wanted was, then said "Oh, well."  I said to go ahead and switch them since it didn't matter to me.  He didn't go back, but he wrapped his arms around me in an exasperated hug.  Keep in mind that the Girl is in the shopping cart, the boys are wandering around nearby, and I am currently a very large pregnant person.  A woman passes us and just had to tell us how wonderful and cute we were.  Hubby looked at me as she was leaving and said "It's just problem solving.  It's better than bickering back and forth through the store."  The thing is: that's how we deal with problems at home too.  It's often better to hug and say "I love you" even though it doesn't change an opinion or the outcome of a discussion.

Hubby brought up the pieces of the crib late last week and they were just sitting in our room against the wall.  The kids thought it was great.  They could pretend to climb a ladder, hide behind the mattress, and just play around.  Hubby leaves tomorrow for Camrose for Synod Convention for a few days, and all I could envision was disaster involving that crib, so I asked him yesterday if he was hoping to set it up before he left.  It got set up this morning :)  So now we really are truly set up and ready for the blessed day we bring the little bundle home (whenever it decides to come).

I have a few videos and pictures I want to post, but they are still on the camera.  They'll likely come up before the weekend as well.

The kids are crazy as ever, not sleeping as much as they probably should (even though I covered their bedroom windows with tin foil to keep the sun out), very excited for the baby (well the boys are, the Girl really has no clue yet), and looking forward to various trips and holidays planned for the summer.  I'll post more later, but now I need to go get the Boy from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment