Thursday, May 10, 2012

plans and reading

Ever have the feeling that you are running out of time?  There's lots and lots of time to do something, then all of a sudden you have relatively little time?  Tuesday I had my prenatal visit with the Dr.  We did the Group B Strep test, then she hands me my prenatal papers to carry with me and tells me to come back in a week.  Yikes!  Now, of course, this isn't the first go around we've had of this.  By the time #4 is expected we know the drill.  I knew I'd be switching to weekly visits.  I knew I'd be bringing home my prenatal papers.  But for some reason having them in my hand and walking out the doors to the truck suddenly brought me a sense of "Oh, no.  I need to pack my hospital bag."

There is absolutely no reason for me to rush this.  The Boy decided to arrive after his due date, Boy2 had to be induced 2 1/2 weeks after his due date, and my Girl surprised me by arriving 4 days before hers.  I'm currently sitting at 4 weeks to go, so at best there are 3 1/2 weeks to get everything done.  Realistically I can plan on 4 1/2 weeks.  But yesterday I finally washed and put into drawers the little sleepers for the baby.  Today I was going to pack my bag (I may still, but why rush?).  Hubby has said that the crib will likely go up on Monday.

My boys are quite anxious for the big day.  The Boy wants to give the new baby his favourite Teddy.  Boy2 is planning on bringing his nums (soothers) to the hospital for the wee little one.  The Girl really has no clue, but this morning she brought me the book "Franklin and the Baby" to read to her.  I read it to all three of them and then the boys started talking about how excited they were.  The other day I was cutting an onion and gave a bit of a yelp when my eyes started stinging (it was a very, VERY strong onion!).  The Boy looked at me very concerned and asked what the baby did to make me yelp.  Was it coming?  He is such a thoughtful child!

My poor tired feet got a treat this week.  Hubby insisted that I get a pedicure :)  It was very nice.  But I was told that since my skin is so dry and I callous so easily I should come back in 6 weeks for another one.  I think I'll be ready for another one after this child decides to come :)  I could probably start to have them fairly regularly without being bullied into it.

The Boy has a Zoo field trip coming up at the end of the month here.  I can't believe how few weeks are left!  There has been so much learning packed into this year for him, it's a wonder his head doesn't explode!  That sponge just soaks everything up!  And his brother isn't that far behind.  Unfortunately, Boy2 has his father's memory and the Boy has mine.  You can read something to Boy2 and he'll remember it almost verbatim.  The Boy has to look at the words and actually read them.  So when getting the Boy to read, it's almost better to not have his brother there, otherwise Boy2 will end up telling the story instead of the Boy reading it himself.  Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment