Sunday, September 16, 2012

best friends

Well, it's Sunday after the first full week of school and we've all survived.  By the end of the school week the Boy was very tired and missing his siblings.  Playing at the park after school he was holding the Girl's hand all over the play ground and going down the slides with her.  He held Boy2's hand from the school doors to the playground and from the playground to the parking lot.  Very pleased and thrilled to be in Grade One, but missing the play time at home.

Boy2 is being very responsible.  The teacher said she is quite impressed with his sense of order and right from wrong.  It's kinda funny how, on preschool days, Boy2 is asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow for naps.  It certainly tuckers the child out.  And it's a very odd sense of deja vu.  When I dropped the Boy off for preschool the first year we were here, I was leaving and coming home with a two year old and a baby.  Now, two years later, I'm dropping off Boy2 and coming home with a two year old and a baby :)

This morning the Girl got herself into her high chair and declared " I love Girl2.  She's my best friend!"  It was absolutely adorable!  My two year old confessing love for her three month old sister!  And she can't wait until Girl2 is big enough for them to get bunk beds.  Hopefully the friendship will continue.  I can remember being both best friends and worst enemies with my own sisters, so it should be an interesting time.

We lost the driving force for our choir in the last couple of weeks, so I'm going to try to keep it going for a bit.  I'll need to look at some music and see if we can pull something together for Thanksgiving.  The problem  we seem to have here is that there are some who commit fully, and others whose interest wans.  And talent (obviously) isn't the same for everyone.  There are those who enjoy singing but can't carry a tune in a bucket, some who do well as long as it's melody, and others who are quite gifted with the harmony.  I realize that it would be unrealistic of me to hope for a group of angels singing, so we'll be puttering along with our faithful few.  And hopefully some will want to join later on too.

So I've picked out a fairly simple hymn for October, and we'll go from there.  I do think the hardest part for me will be to not sing, but to stand and direct instead.  A growing experience.

I've been busy filling our freezer.  I made a few apple pies this week and I'll be doing more this week.  Plus baking.  Muffins and cookies, maybe some pizza buns for the Boy's lunches.  We'll see.  I'm getting tired of making sandwiches, even though he's not tired of eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment