Wednesday, September 19, 2012

little blurb

I'm going to take a quick minute here to write.  The Boy just took off with Dad for school, leaving me with Boy2, the Girl, and Girl2 to hang out a bit before we go to the church for our weekly Bible study.  So, instead of doing up the breakfast dishes and tidying up the evidence of a morning of play, I am at the table with my coffee, the Girl (finally eating her breakfast yogurt and drinking from two sippies: one of juice and one of milk), and Boy2 is having a snack of Buried Treasure muffins (the boys helped make them on Saturday).  Girl2 was sleeping, but just woke up so now Momma is abandoned for the cuteness that is the baby.

It's been busy here, as always.  Made five apple pies (three dutch and two normal) on Friday.  Saturday found me with a migraine for the morning, and we made those muffins in the afternoon (fill the muffin tin 1/2 way, put a dollop of jam in centre, then cover with more batter), followed by a dinner/fundraiser at the church in the evening.  Sunday was Sunday and all that it brings.  I taught Sunday School this week and we had fun playing "Who Am I?"

School on Monday for the Boy.  He's joined the running club that the school does (it runs at lunchtime for any student that wants to join) and when he gets home I get a full dose of what went on during the day.  He brought home a completed workbook already and I could feel the pride just oozing out of me for the accomplishments of my first born!

And he wants to have fall party on Saturday.  A chocolate cake with white icing and autumn decorations everywhere.  I've already dug out our scare crows for the front yard, and the kids thought that it was awesome!

Yesterday when I was picking Boy2 up from preschool, I heard alot about how he loves to answer questions.  They were covering the creation story, and he knew what was made on which days.  Then I guess they sang a song about a whale and he just shouted out that Jonah had been swallowed by a whale.  It's good to know that he does know the answers to these things.  We ask him and we get a blank stare!

Hubby bought a case of peaches on Sunday.  So tasty!  But the ripen so quickly and spoil so suddenly.  So we ate about half of them and I made up some peach crisps for the freezer with the rest.  And I still have bunches of apples, so I'll probably do a few more pies and then make some apple sauce.  It's been a really long time since I made apple sauce...

Girl2 is in an exersaucer!  We tried it out on Friday, she didn't really like it, but she's loving it now.  I have to remind the other kids not to bounce her, or spin her, or generally overwhelm her.  But she's enjoying not laying down or back all of the time.  She can be interacting with everyone and not feel trapped by her swing or the bassinet.  And I'm not afraid of leaving her in the living room with the bigger kids for a few minutes (well, within reason.  They do tend to get in her face a bit).  She can't get trampled on if she's not laying on the floor.

My van has new headlights!  Hubby ordered them and put them in yesterday.  He keeps waiting for something to go wrong, though.  He thinks it was too easy :)  We shall see, but I think that they are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment