Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First day of First grade!

My little Boy is on his first day of Grade One!  Yesterday is when school officially started, but they did a staggered entry, so today is his day.  He was so excited, he was up at 6 and wanted to leave as soon as he was done eating his breakfast!  I hope he never loses that enthusiasm for learning.  As I was in the classroom with him, getting his school supplies put away, I heard him talking to his classmates about his birthday.  There is one child from his class last year in the same class this year, but he started yesterday so he wasn't there this morning.  So my Boy was talking to his soon-to-be friends about his summer.  This is not a shy boy!  And I am so pleased with that.

Boy2 was a little disappointed that he didn't start preschool today, but he goes tomorrow.  And he is super excited about that!  Poor Girl, she won't quite know what to do without brothers around!  But she got a taste of it when the boys did VBS, and we'll stay busy so she'll adjust.

Yesterday the Girl turned 2!  It's amazing to think of the time that has passed.  She got some new clothes, jammies, and a battery powered xylophone thing that talks and sings and encourages pattern recognition.

It's all about accessories.  She absolutely had to wear her new outfit (which is alright, I can understand that), but then she was looking high and low for her pink sunglasses.  Not her newer blue ones with the starfish on them, but the pink ones.  Then, when Momma found them, she had to put them on, even though we were all inside and she probably couldn't see a thing with them on.  I really don't know how I managed to mother a girl who is such a Girl!
And she is such a personality!  Reminds me alot of Boy2... Very strong willed, very opinionated... well the Boy is that way too, but he's more quiet overall about everything.  I just hope that Girl2 will be a bit softer around the edges than her two closest siblings.  Time will tell, though.  And we'll love her no matter what the personality develops as.  Each one brings their own quirks and foibles, idiosyncrasies, and lovable traits.  I think that they all make a child more enjoyable.
Here is a very surprised look from Girl2.  She really enjoys laying on her own, not being held all the time.  However, even when she's on the floor, she doesn't want to be left completely alone, so you'd better not abandon her!  You'll definitely hear about it...  I think she has a greater volume than her sister (and that's really saying something!)  We lovingly called the Girl a banshee, but banshee #2 is far worse, methinks.
And here is the Birthday cake for the Girl.  At snack time yesterday, Boy2 asked me why I wasn't making a cake for the birthday.  Then in the afternoon when we were at WEM (that's where the Girl wanted to go.  See?  Such a GIRL!) the Boy asked me what kind of cake we were having.  I said DQ ice cream cake.  His eyes went wide and he asked "Did you get the recipe?"  It is so flattering that he thinks his Momma can make anything! I've never tried an ice cream cake, but it's an intriguing idea...  Maybe I should see if I could...

This is the blossom of a plant.  The plant is one that Hubby gave me on our thirs wedding anniversary, so we've had it for four years now.  The amazing thing about this is that this is the very first time it's bloomed.  I didn't even realize it was a flowering plant!  But it decided to blossom for our seventh anniversary, so that was pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment