Saturday, September 1, 2012

Random

There are pictures I could post, but they'll wait.  The kids have been so good these last two days.  Hubby went on a trip to Saskatoon for the wedding of some friends (he's a groomsman) so we've been daddy-less. He left yesterday morning around breakfast time, the wedding was this afternoon, and he'll likely be home 4 am tomorrow morning.

The kids have helped me tidy, vacuum, and do dishes.  The boys have made their beds and out away their laundry!  They even have been playing pretty good together.  So, while it's sometimes frustrating that they make a mess right after I clean up, it's a happy mess and it'll clean again.

Today it's turned cooler again.  The sky is overcast and the wind is blowing.  No rain yet, although it's supposed to all night.  Today we made a cheesecake :)  (one of Hubby's favorite desserts!) for us to have tomorrow.  And we're doing pulled pork (so I should probably get my act together and make a potato salad).  But I could do that tomorrow.

Laundry is getting done, dishes are (almost) all caught up.  And I am so tired.  I should have gone to sleep earlier last night, but I didn't really want to.  It's called a good book and avoiding the empty bed :)But I slept pretty good.  Hubby called to talk to the kids at bedtime, and I love being connected through texting.  This morning we skyped, and the kids thought that it was so cool!  Not the first time we've done that, but I don't think it will ever get old.

I'm surprised we've had as good a day as we have.  My head has been sore since before I got up :( but maybe the kids sense that and behave better out of fear.  Or I guess it could be out of concern...

And it seems as though they are bottomless pits!  Eat, eat, eat!  Yogurt, bread, fruit, they are eating everything!  Made cinnamon raisin bread today, and they had some for snack.  Yogurt is nearly all gone, we're out of apples... but at least it's all healthy!

I tried to give Girl2 a bottle today.  She's had them before, but it's been a long time.  She spent 5 minutes giving me funny faces and only drank 0.5oz.  Then she refused the rest.  So we finished nursing.  Methinks my window of opportunity for bottle feeding is gone...  She has very expressive eyebrows, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment