Sunday, March 9, 2014

A sunny afternoon

So, last night's post was written because I decided that I needed to, not because I felt like writing.  It felt disjointed for me to write, and I'm sure it wasn't the most enjoyable to read.  But now I'm feeling like writing, so this one should be better :)

This morning I decided that whomever decided that there should be no school the week following the time change was brilliant!  The plus side is that the kids didn't wake up until 7, the downside is that we were pushing it to get to church on time this morning.  But we did make it. Of course.  We are a well oiled machine of cooperative parenting.

As I was thinking of ways to fill the week and keep the kids occupied and involved I came to the conclusion that I was going to let Smarty make our bread this week.  It's a (nearly) foolproof recipe and I think he'll enjoy it.  He does like participating in the kitchen and will sometimes ask me if I'll trade him my washing dishes for his sweeping the dining room.  I think I want to nurture that more.  All of them already have some input on our meal plans, but it'll be good getting them slowly more involved in reading and following recipes and seeing first hand how a meal comes together.

And I'm sure we'll have our fill of painting, play dough, dolls, and building.  The tent will likely come up this week too.  And we'll try to fill it with play dates and outside time.  I hope this hint of spring we've been glimpsing will stay long enough to get to some parks and maybe some longer walks.

This afternoon I think we're going to make it out to the museum (Yay!) and then play the rest of the week one day at a time, see what play dates solidify.  And weather seems to be fickle, so that'll have a lot of bearing on what we do.

Right now it's gorgeous out, Girlie and Daddy are starting to stir as I send the boys outside to play.  Time to gear up and roll to the museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment