Saturday, March 8, 2014

getting dressed

It's been a good week.  Today we wanted to get out and see the school that Daddy has been doing his course at, so we loaded up and drove out.  Beautiful drive, started to rain, saw alot of the ocean, discovered new roads along the sea front, pretty little houses, quaint little shops. 

Today I've been very grateful in my codirector of parenting.  At lunch Sergeant asked how babies came out of the mommy's belly.  I told him I'd answer after nap time, Hubby looked over and told him straight that they go through the vagina.  Sergeant just looked incredulous from Dad to me and said "No, they don't."  So Hubby just told him that he was too young to understand how or why, but that was the truth.  I'm still not sure he believes it.  Hubby told me later that it was up to me to tell him how the babies get in the belly to start with!

And at bedtime, as I was sitting in the girls' room, I heard the boys asking what the word "redeem" means.  I didn't really get a chance to hear the response, but I am grateful that the kids are asking these questions.  It means we're doing our jobs well as parents.

We have had kitties, puppies, girls playing house, boys reading, library visits, tasty dinners, yummy baking.  We have spring break coming up this week and I'm not sure who's most excited about it, the girls, the boys, or mommy.  Daddy has leave coming the week after, and that's when Sergeant turns 6.  EEK!

Monkey is dressing herself.  She has decided that I'm not allowed to put her pants on or pick out her clothes.  I "flat" her pants, lay them on the floor up right so she can pull her legs through, and she pulls them up.  Then I help her pull them over her diaper.  Then she stands on tippy toes to dig in her shirt drawer and then I leave her room.  She finds me a few minutes later after not being able to put her shirt on by herself and gets me to help her.  It's very cute, and it seems to have cut down on the fight that usually happens when I try to hog tie her down to clothe her.

I'm really looking forward to this next week off from school.  No rushing around, nap time whenever we need it, no waking the girls up to pick up the boys.  It's going to be very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment