Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Little things

There have been   a few moments in the last while that have made me think "I need to write that one down!".  And then I forget.  So here are a couple of them while they are on my mind.

First, this morning after bringing everyone who needs to be at school to school I came home with Monkey and did a half hour on our elliptical (kijiji is wonderful!).  When we went up so I could shower I set her up on my bed with books and the leap pad.  Since those are things that would have kept the others occupied while I was busy.  Halfway through, the bathroom door opened and I peeked out to see those bright blue eyes looking up at me.  Okay, not the first time she's decided to check in while I'm in there.  But when I turned off the water and grabbed my towel, I saw her by the toilet, pants off, diaper still on (thank HEAVENS!), new diaper on the floor, toilet seat up.  She really, REALLY wanted to sit on the toilet.  This is by far the earliest any of our kids has wanted so strongly to be on the toilet.  If she's serious about this, she could be fully toilet trained by the time she's 2!  That's huge!

Yesterday the girls had a lot of fun with their toys.  Violet, Girlie's Leap Frog puppy, was carted around with a pull-up on, blankets, she tried to put her favourite pants on it, three of the puppy stuffies had a nap on the girls' room floor and we all had to be quiet so we didn't wake them up.  It was very cute.

Yesterday I received a phone call from the school to tell me that Smarty had taken a header on the play ground and scraped his nose and a bit of his forehead.  He enjoyed retelling what exactly had happened and he always starts off saying that he and two of his friends were rough housing.  Yup.  That is a frequently used word in this house!

Sergeant had his first "naturally lost" tooth!  Saturday night I pulled it out and the new one is already popping through.  No sigh of his other top tooth, but I'm sure it'll be there before too long.  His other one seems to have come in nicely.

Some time last week, I heard Girlie head into the bathroom, singing to herself.  Then I hear her voice get louder as she announces to me "I think I'm big enough to pee standing up, Mom".  So I rushed to the bathroom to see her just putting herself in position in front of the toilet.  I quickly turned her around and got her sitting down, while explaining that she doesn't really have the right anatomy for peeing standing up.  Didn't get into the fact that there are women who have accomplished this feat, just that, because her bits don't stick out (I used proper names, we always have.  Just don't want to type them here...) she won't likely be able to even consider trying for quite some time.  She just looked at me and told me she wanted boy parts.  Didn't want to be a boy, just wanted the parts so she could pee standing up too.  Five minutes later she was dancing and twirling, talking about how she wants to be a kitty cat when she grows up.  That's my happy girl!  Think big, Sweetheart!

With another birthday nearly upon us, the boys sat down yesterday after school to write down a list of children Sergeant would like to have over.  Turns out, he wants his whole class!  Told him that it was too many people and we would narrow it down by the time we do invitations.  Next we'll do cake and game planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment