Friday, July 25, 2014

busy in the sun

It's been a fun week here! Sunshine, neighbour kids over, pool filled, sprinklers, freezies, and a trip to the beach (a lake this time).  Packing, cleaning, trying to stay on top of regular mess and moving mess, each day trying to pack at least one box.  I went through the kids' closets and drawers.  I have decided that the girls have WAY TOO MANY shirts especially.  I haven't been brave enough to cull them, but that'll happen.  When I can't really close their drawer, I think it's a problem.

There have been an awful lot of cute around.  Monkey is talking more and more, and being understood (which is HUGE!).  She loves her "suit" and "pooh" which is her bathing suit and swimming diapers (some of which have Winnie the Pooh on them).  It was so adorable when I put her in the bath after one particularly sunny day outside and I saw the little tan line from her bathing suit.  Girlie has one too, and it is great to see that they are enjoying the sun when we have it.  

Something Hubby does occasionally at supper time is give the kids the "game plan" for how the rest of the evening will be going down.  So a couple of times this week, Smartie has asked what the morning game plan was.  The first time was Wednesday morning right before I poured my first cup of coffee.  So I sat told everyone to sit in the living room, walked past my coffee, then turned back around saying that coffee was the game plan.  That was followed by a lot of "EWW, I don't like coffee!"  I just smiled and said that was good, because I wasn't sharing any with them ;)

So I sat down and went through what had to be done, I wanted to get done, what I expected from them.  And I told them that they had some input in the order of things.  I was going to go grocery shopping first then get the kids to put laundry away.  Smartie wanted to put laundry away first.  By all means, kiddo!  

They all have been really good this week.  When they saw me boxing up extra blankets they got a bit anxious, but that disappeared quickly when I explained that the box was going to the new house and not the second hand store.  There are some things to be dropped off, but not those blankets.  

Well, I've likely lounged enough this morning.  I woke up so tired and with a headache.  After everyone had their breakfast I turned on the TV and came back upstairs to lie down.  Wasn't planning on sleeping, but I drifted off for a half hour or so.  Woke with a start, then decided to answer emails and blog.  Glad I did.  First cup of coffee is almost done, the tylenol I took seems to be working, so I think I might be ready to get moving.  Good thing the only deadlines I have are the self imposed ones.  It'll all get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment