Wednesday, April 29, 2015

responsibilities...

Adulting is hard sometimes.  Being somewhat self aware, I know that when I have an overwhelming urge to bake and bake non stop what I really need to do is clean. It means that there are other things I really don't want to do. Don't get me wrong; there are times that I want to bake because I simply want to bake and everything else is more or less done (or one enough in a household this size...). This morning I want pie. And scones. And cinnamon buns. And maybe brownies. Mmmmmm. Yummy...

But instead I cleaned the fridge, did dishes, changed more laundry, swept the living room. The irony is not lost on me that I'm sitting here writing when only about half of the cleaning I need to do is done and none of the baking I want to do is done. But I am sitting here. Not enough time to start and finish another task, but enough time to write a brief post before picking Girlie up from preschool.

I am loving the shift as the kids are getting older and seeing more.  These last three mornings I haven't had to ask the boys to make their beds! They go in to get dressed and they leave their room with beds made! Still clothes all over the floor, but it's one step at a time. And it's nice.  They also have (finally)gotten into the habit of picking their toys up in the basement before coming upstairs. More or less... Yesterday Smarty took the green bin out to the curb without me asking because he saw that the other houses on the street had done it. Such wonderful kids I have!

They are still obsessing over Dragon Vale but they are diversifying, New games being asked to be downloaded to their devices almost daily. But they are good with hearing the word no. They have no choice about that!

Time to head out now.  Hopefully I will have a few more minutes later to write more,

No comments:

Post a Comment