Thursday, June 4, 2020

Start of June!

I have had my tonsils, adenoids, and part of my uvula removed! Before the lockdown started I was booked for this procedure to help treat obstructive sleep apnea. I have always been a chronic snorer, sometimes stopping breathing for a bit during the nights, which doesn't help Hubby's sleep... so after sleep study and diagnosis we looked at options. Trialed CPAP without much difference, looked into prescription mouth guards, got booked with an ENT to see what else could help. Strongly recommended this procedure, so I was put on the wait list. I was scheduled to have it done in March but with the shutting down of non-emergency procedures to try to slow the spread of the pandemic it was called off until things could safely resume. I am now nearly 3 weeks post-op.

It was a really difficult first 10 days. Hubby and the kids were fantastic, I slept a lot and that is about it. By the end of that second weekend I had turned a corner and I haven't looked back! I am sleeping without snoring (which has never, ever happened in my memory) and I'm not as generally tired, which is really cool.

We are in week 10 of home learning, and things are slowing down for summer. We have a groove, it seems to work, but yesterday Smarty had a sudden thought: "What am I going to do to stay busy through summer??" I am positive between Hubby and I we can keep everyone occupied. Probably more than they'd like!

We have a couple birthdays approaching in the next couple days. There is a very excited almost-8-year-old, and a less excited momma. I don't hate my birthday, it just doesn't hold as large a significance as the decades pass. The energy for Monkey is contagious, though. Every chance she gets she tells anyone and everyone how many more sleeps until mommy's big day. Then in short order, how many sleeps after that her's is.

The weather has turned beautiful for the most part! We have had a fair bit of rain too, but a lot of sunshine and blue skies. I even managed to turn my shoulders a little pink already! We have started reminding the kids more and more to carry water bottles with them when they leave the house to play, even just in the back yard. Hats too.

I anticipate a fairly slow summer. We have some plans to move some bedrooms around to make our space more friendly for the ages and stages we are at, we'll do some fishing, go for a few drives. I'm looking forward to more bike rides and walks, generally just being outside. It'll be good to be done driving the home learning train for a bit, even though I think we've really risen to the challenge for it. There are books to read, minnows to catch, birds to watch, sun to lay in. Hopefully there will be more opening up of things so we can be with friends more and socialize too.

No comments:

Post a Comment