Wednesday, May 26, 2010

candles

So, last night we had a power outage. Strange since it's the first one I've had since I can remember. I know I've had them before (one hears stories from when one was young) but yesterday evening power was out for nearly two hours.

Early evening isn't really a bad time to lose power. Supper was made and we were halfway through. There were clothes in the dryer and some in the wash, so if power hadn't been restored every available surface would have been covered with soggy, wet clothes. As dusk approached, however (and with the amount of cloud we've had, I was suprised that it didn't arrive sooner) it became evident that we'd need to light a candle or two. Our bathroom has no window, so we really needed a little bit of light in there.

Let me tell you, that was the most romantic evening I've ever spent in the bathroom. I was sitting, doing my thing with the door open ( yeah, if you go to the bathroom in our house, you'd better lock the door if you don't want company) and then Boy2 came, stood in the hallway, started singing and clapping "bir-day ooooo!". It was soo cute. It maybe reminded me that I should try to light candles more often.

His words are coming along, though. His brother's are too. It's really neat hearing them try to have a conversation in the van. Makes me happy that we don't have a dvd in the van. It's much better to see and hear them entertain themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment