Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random thoughts this morning

It's nearly nine in the morning as I write this, and it's been an incredibly quiet morning thus far. Well, the last hour. Boy2, for one reason or another, has started needing a little bit more sleep than he used to. So, sometimes he sleeps for and hour or so a couple of hours after getting up, or he if he doesn't nap early morning, he sleeps for two+ hours after lunch (How did that happen? Neither one has napped more than an hour at a time until recently!). So, with him asleep by eight this morning, we welcomed the extra playmate this morning with very little fuss.

We set up some train tracks, got out the garage and cars, there are vehicles ALL over my livingroom floor, but it's quiet. (Could it be that my little angel is an antagonist?) The boy has his own issues (not the least of which this morning seems to be very selective hearing) But it is kind of odd to have the house as silent as it is.

This morning, after two days of sunshine and warmth, we woke up to the smell of rain. I love the smell that rain brings. It's so fresh and clean. Added bonus is that it's still supposed to be warm today, so we may even get another thunder storm (the boys actually enjoy them!). Poor Hubby, though. As he left for work he made some comment about mold growing on him. I just told him to stop standing still. His response does not need to be repeated:)

I have a whole list of things to do today. The cleaning I didn't do last Saturday and won't get to do this Saturday because we'll be out, baking for the weekend, maybe a load or two of laundry... it'll get done. And if it doesn't it'll be waiting for me later.

Yesterday I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for the first time in a long time. Boy2 has rediscovered the joys of peanut butter recently and I just though "yummy" so I did. I think that more baking should be doe today, though. I've been meaning to do sticky buns for the last three weeks, plus more blueberry muffins. Tomorrow is going to be a super full day with ALL the extra kids ALL day long, so I really should do all this stuff today.

The boys got hair cuts on Monday. They had a shower with Daddy afterwards to rinse off the loose hair. Now, everyday when Daddy gets home from work, the Boy wants to come in from outside and shower with Daddy. Tuesday it was a good idea since he looked like he'd been using the mud in the back as jungle camoflauge. What a mess! Thank goodness for running water and bathtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment