Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spoke too soon!

I guess I spoke too soon! Boy2 only slept for an hour, baking commenced (not bad playtime actually, just a HUGE mess in the living room when I was done), everyone ate their lunch (grilled cheese is always a hit), then the caos commenced.

The boy didn't sleep at all, or rather he did sleep all of two minutes as he fell asleep and then the doorbel rang two minutes later to wake him and his brother up. At least all together Boy2 slept for about an hour and a half. I'm just glad the extras who normally sleep did for as long as they normally do.

Sticky buns got done, taken out just in time for Hubby to surprise us by coming home for lunch. He got back to work and was called nasty names because he didn't bring any back with him to share this time. Floors got washed (took nearly two hours and at this point you can't really tell they were done at all), and Hubby started some laundry when he got home.

The living room is currently a disaster, but that will wait until morning. There are at least two hours between the time we'll be up and the time the first kids will be here. I may have overdone it a bit today. There's a certain tenderness felt, but Baby's still moving around, so I'll just have to stay off my fee a bit more tomorrow.

We are currently under a severe thunderstorm warning. I saw it moving in when I called the boys in from the back after supper, and the thunder woke Hubby, who laid down pretending to sleep after supper and actually did. He doesn't often get sick, but between the allergies and the rain combined with working outside all day, he's feeling pretty worn out. (His poor nose!)

But there may be 2-3cm hail and funnel clouds coming out of this one. Kinda exciting for the first one of the year...

Kids are asleep (benefit of the short/nonexistent nap), Hubby is asleep, I'm just waiting on the dryer so I can get it emptied then empty the washer into it. I can fold it in the morning too (are you noticing a trend towards procrastination?).

I promised the Boy that I would read "Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree" first thing in the morning, and Boy2 "One Fish Two Fish" so I need to set those aside in the "not to be put away" pile.

Side note: set cell phone alarm tonight in case power goes out, and put flashlight beside the bed. That's an awful lot of thunder and lightning!

No comments:

Post a Comment