Friday, January 14, 2011

little confession

I'd like to be able to say that I am addiction free.Aside from my crooner addiction, the addiction I have to my Hubby (don't worry, I'll spare you the details) and the standard addiction to food (especially sugared food), I feel like I'm doing pretty good. Then something happens. Usually it starts with something simple, like a commercial, or poster advertising, then my mind takes off, and I'm online and writing things down.

You'll never guess what it is.... Hubby has out up with and occasionally indulged in my hopeless addiction to home lotteries. We've bought tickets in Lethbridge, Saskatoon, and Calgary. They've been for STARS, St. Paul's Hospital, Knights of Columbus, and the Foothills Hospital. I'm hopelessly addicted.

Now I rationalize by saying that I'm doing it for a good cause. And it is. But (and especially during some rough spots in the last few years) the thought of winning a house, fully furnished, even if not planning on living there, was the ultimate fantasy for me. We'd go, walk through, buy tickets, then keep them on the fridge until about a week after the draw date.

My happines has never hinged on winning (although that first winter in Saskatoon I was REALLY disappointed, but that had more to do with the fact I didn't want to be in Saskatoon). I'm immensely happy in our little home with all of the kids close by. I like our home more now than any other home we've been in.

But I think we'll be supporrting a cause again this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment