Friday, March 25, 2011

nums and noses

Yesterday was a sad day for Boy2. I picked up a num of his off of the floor, looked at it, and saw IT. A little tiny break in the silicon, two side by side. The perfect incisions made by a couple of teeth.

Instead of doing what I normally do and simply throw it out, I called Boy2 over. "Can you put this in the garbage?" Of course the inevitable "why?" "Look. Your teeth made holes, so now now it's broken. This one has to go."

So he put it in the trash, and promptly found another one from his little hiding places all over the house (it's like he's a squirrel with nuts stashed around the house!). I looked at the place where I put the nums, and I though "Okay. Once these are gone, that's it. They don't make nums for over the age three, so we just won't buy them."

When I told him that, I don't think he quite understood. There was a num in his mouth.... that's all that mattered. This morning he wanted to have it when he came downstairs. I said no (like I always do) but I noticed his "dragon".

Now a good friend in Saskatoon (whose little girl I watched last year) sent these to the boys for Christmas (well, it was her daughter that got them for them) and they have a little pocket in their tummies. The Boy likes to put coins in his, but Boy2 I think forgets that the pocket is there. I asked for dragon and his num, then I put the num inside of dragon. The idea was for dragon the guard the num on his bed, but he's carrying it around the house. At least the soother isn't in his mouth.....

My Girl has had a rough couple of nights. Well.... so has Daddy, but we don't know why that is. The Girl woke up yesterday around 1 am with serious sinus congestion. Poor girl could hardly breathe through her nose at all! Then came the fever (which seems to not want to go away for long). It comes, stays for an hour or so, then it goes away for a few hours and comes back! The nose seems pretty good if she's upright, but night time has been a trial. Saline spray and snot-suckers (while one of the worst offenses a Girl could experience) are wonderful! She's still a happy baby, though.

I have been so pleased with my boys lately. They fight (of course) but they rush to help if I ask them to bring me something for the Girl, or sometimes for each other. The Boy asks Boy2 if he can read him the book. Or Boy2 will read to the Girl. It's so cute to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment