Friday, April 15, 2011

cupcake?

We have a little tiny, monthly calendar on the desk next to the keyboard. Every month, I take a card away and look at the little picture for the month ahead. Only the last little bit, the months seem to have disappeared (literally). I sat down this morning and I saw the month of July looking back at me.

I looked high and low for the missing months, but I only found March. My Boy sat on my lap, pointed to the calendar and said "That's when it's summer?" I said it was. Then he asked if that was his birthday. "No, it's in August." So I showed him. Then he lifted up the keyboard and, lo and behold, there were the missing months!

I put the months back in order. What I heard was "But I don't want it to be spring. I want summer!"

"It doesn't quite work that way, Sweetie."

So I let him be, and he put all of the month cards back, but guess which one is at the top? That's right. August.

It's been a bit of an interesting day. Everyone seemed to wake up pretty happy, but oh, the noise! The arguing! This is how it went at breakfast (changed for the names, but you'll get the idea)

"Girl, you a cupcake!" (this was Boy2)

"No, she's not a cupcake. She's a baby!" (of course this was Boy)

"NO! She's a cupcake!"

"NO! She's NOT a cupcake!"

"Yes, she's CUPCAKE!"

"Mom! Boy2 says the Girl is a cupcake!"

Naturally, they couldn't have this exchange in normal, inside voices.

I've taken a couple of really fun videos of the kids in the last bit. I'm just waiting on Hubby to youtube them so I can post them here and on Facebook. Our little rock 'n' rollers have been having loads of fun!

Going to be posting lots of pictures in the next little bit, too. Pictures from our trip, of the kids playing, and of baking. I didn't do perogs, but I did make bunnies. So tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment