Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the last few days...

It feels like its been a long while since writing. So much has happened and not happened at the same time. Another Gall bladder attack sent me to emergency Friday. They sent me home with the orders to control the pain with meds and if it gets worse, come back. On to percocet and T4s. Saturday morning, I started getting really, REALLY cold. I could not stop shaking, my teeth were chattering, my legs were even shaking. I had a hot shower, but that didn't warm me up, so we had communal nap time on the futons. I got into warm jammies, robe, and under a layer or two of blankets, and started snuggling a couple of warm heaters, and I finally started to feel a somewhat normal temperature again. Then I started to really warm up.

An hour or so later, the process started to repeat itself, but instead of letting it get that far, as soon as I started feeling really cold, I just bundled up again, this time in my room, plugged the kids into Backyardigans, and started to warm up. This happened again Saturday night and Sunday night, but not since then. Since then my body temp has been going up and down like a yoyo. As high as 38.8, then down to almost normal, then back up. It seems worse in the late afternoon and evenings.

When I saw the doctor yesterday for my follow0up from the Pancreatitis, I told his all of my sympptoms (which are more than I detailing here, but you really don't need THAT much information!) and happily he did not dismiss them out of hand. He seemed concerned. The blood work I had done Friday morning was fine. Everything was normal, but the tenderness, the shakes and fever, those all were cause for concern. There was nothing serious enough to admit me to the hospital, but he wanted the bases all covered.

He gave me a form for more blood work (which I was able to do right away) and an appointment for an ultrasound first thing tomorrow morning. He said to keep monitoring the temp, and (of course) come back to the hospital if the pain comes back, if there's another gall bladder attack, if the fever breaks 40 for more than an hour, if the shakes come back.... all that fun stuff.

Oh, and I called the surgeon to book a consultation? They can't fit me in until July 27th. Jeepers.

But, the Girl has now broken the code for climbing stairs. She actually gets going pretty good. Then she wants to sit and turn around and comes crashing down. So Hubby figured out a way to get the baby gate to stay on the bottom of the steps to go upstairs. They really didn't have them well thought out when they designed them...

My boys are.... well.... my boys. The Boy got into my purse at nap time yesterday. He emptied a vial of sample perfume I'd forgotten was there. He wanted his hands and head to smell nice. Then he ate two sleeves of PEZ I had stashed in there, too. No wonder he was wired for the rest of the afternoon!

Boy2 is very nearly potty trained. He peed on the floor in front of the toilet today. He must have been holding it for a while too, because there was an awful lot of it on the floor, but that's one step closer, right?

For all of their foibles and frustrations though, they really are wonderful kids. Yesterday afternoon, after the purse thing and everyone was up from naps, I had just had it and needed a rest, so the Boy sat and read Calvin and Hobbes (it is so cute listening to the chuckles from him at a really funny illustration), Boy2 nestled into the crook of my legs and read his deep sea fish book, and the Girl crawled around, nomming books and toys, going back and forth between the boys as though checking up on them. They really are wonderful and thoughtful.

They may break their own necks trying to do acrobatics on the living room floor, or playing "gingerbread man game", or a tech-less "angry birds". But they are such sweethearts that I love very much and am so grateful, everyday, that they are in my life. Non-stop hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment