Monday, June 6, 2011

potty training and training wheels

Half the battle is won! Boy2 hasn't pooped in his diaper for about a week now. He tells me when, and we rush to the toilet. The problem is that it's easier to tell when you need a bowel movement than when your bladder needs to be emptied, so as soon as our washing machine get repaired tonight (hopefully) he'll be back in underwear and we'll get the other half of the battle complete.

This morning, laying in bed, drifting between wake and sleep, we heard a little voice. "Ma! Ma! Ma!" pause.... "Da! Da! Ma! Ma!" I rolled over, Hubby rolled over, we looked at each other, smiled, and Hubby went and got the Girl out of her bed and brought her to ours. She is always so happy! And motoring. She definitely doesn't stay in one spot very long unless she's sleeping.

Last night we had my brothers and sister-in-law over for dinner. This morning, the Boy looked at me and said "When are my uncles coming over again?" After not seeing really any relatives last year, he is really enjoying having extended family around. And seeing his little cousin always makes him happy. "My new cousin?" "Well, he's still a baby, and he's your newest cousin, but he's been around for a few months already..."
I am getting excited, though. I have a pattern and fabric. I'm going to attempt pajamas for the boys. John Deer fabric, summer jammies. I think it will be fun. This will be my first real attempt at clothing. I tried to make a skirt for myself, but I need more practice with sewing zippers and hemming before it is wear worthy.

The boys are playing outside right now. The Boy just ran in and said "Mom! Boy2's legs are growing! He can reach the peddles! Come see!" I guess he's on his bike and trying to ride it. Feet tounch for about half the time. When they are all the way down, he still can't reach :) Good try, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment