Saturday, September 29, 2012

Baptism and infection

It's been a very busy week!  Amma came out Saturday evening for the night, Girl2 was baptized Sunday, the Girl started feeling rough again Monday (she's been up and down for six or so weeks).  The Boy and the Girl had their annual check ups on Tuesday, so the Doctor ordered blood work and a urinalysis for her.  Hubby took her to get that done Wednesday afternoon.  Thursday afternoon, I got a call from the Doctor.  White blood cell count was high, iron was low.  She's likely fighting an infection.  If she didn't seem better after naptime, take her into the Stollery.  So Hubby spent six hours at the Stollery Children's Hospital Thursday evening.  She's been fighting a UTI, so now she's on antibiotics and behaving so much more like herself.  This means that she's back to playing, pulling, and she bit both of her brothers this morning.  First she bit Boy2 because she wanted to be where he was and he wouldn't move.  Then she bit the Boy, I think, because she was pretending to be a dinosaur...

But here are a few pictures of the baptism on Sunday.
She was so happy the whole time!  I think she thought she was getting a bath.
The Sunday School kids come up to the front and get splashed a bit :)
And the whole congregation get to meet the newest member!
The dress she was wearing is the dress my Grandmother (on my Dad's side) made for me when I was blessed.  And now all of our children have worn it.  We were kinda hoping to get them "done" in the gown Hubby, Hubby's brother, Hubby's mother (and so on) wore, but I seem to grown really big babies and it wasn't made for the chunky monkeys we produce.

Yesterday, the Boy's school did a Terry Fox walk and I went along with the kids.  They had so much fun!  It was amusing to me, though.  There were some kids just laughing and talking, and other kids spent nearly the whole time complaining that it was too hot, too long, they were thirsty.  It was a relatively short walk (by my standards) and my boys had absolutely no complaints.  They have been on much, much longer walks.  And it never ceases to amuse me when kids come up to me and say "Hi, Boy's mom!"  I need to start telling them to call me either by my name or Mrs. Macintyre.

And yesterday evening, the kids watched The Sword in the Stone.  They weren't sure about it at first.  They thought that it looked a bit scary, but they absolutely loved it!  They loved that Merlin turned into a small, itty, bitty germ to beat the dragon that was Madam Mim.  They thought that the girl squirrel was too much trouble.  They told me all about everything that happened.  The leaky tower, the Pike trying to eat Arthur, Kay trying to become King.  I love hearing them recall the events they've seen.  They do it with books too.  Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have all my kids' friends call me Mrs. Deanna. It is a little less formal and yet still respectful. :)

    ReplyDelete