Tuesday, January 21, 2014

crazy life

Our children are crazy.  I know every child has some form of it, but I'm not sure everyone would believe what happens in this home daily.  From house rules like "no light sabres at the table" to "kitty's need to pick up their toys", we have some real doozies!  

And I love the playfulness that surrounds us.  A few weeks ago, the kids were all up and playing nicely so Hubby and I were still laying in bed.  No one had asked for breakfast yet, no one was yelling or crying.  Rare moments.  Monkey came up and into our bed because she was feeling ignored by the parents.  So she was lifting our shirts, blowing raspberries on them, giggling like nothing on earth.  All of a sudden the room was overrun by ninjas!  

Two ninjas jumped into our room, arms and legs flailing, followed by the cutest pink poodle you've ever seen on all fours.  They may even have been singing "My Inner Ninja".  "Can we watch Kung Fu Panda?"  And the poodle saying "I'm a ninja puppy!"  Then one of them gator crawling along the bottom of the bed with such speed that we just looked at each other saying "did he really just do that?"

Or yesterday, they brought up their knight figures.  Complete with battering rams, catapults, and canons.  All four of them playing nicely.  Well, Monkey was more trying to eat the pieces, but still...

After meals it gets pretty loud here, too.  Smarty is usually done first, then Girlie decides she's done, then Sergeant, and by that time Monkey is very loudly indicating that she wants to be out of her chair too.  Then the chasing begins.  I can never really tell who starts it, but soon Sergeant and Monkey and Girlie are running around the table, down the hallway and back again, through the kitchen and around the table again.  Frequently Smarty is right in there too.  That's usually when we say "Go crazy downstairs!"

The weather has been so weird this month.  Even for the natives!  Heavy snow, rain, more rain, freezing, more rain, snow.  And now we have a blizzard warning on for tonight and tomorrow.  And it kinda bugs me that the kids have fewer outside recess days here than they did in Alberta in January.  

Tomorrow Hubby has his first visit with the oncologist, so I've arranged for our girls to be watched so I can go with him.  And his CT scan is on Monday, for those who'd like to know.  Just trundling along, finding out what the next steps are, if any.

This weekend I made a super tasty seafood lasagna.  Boiled some lobster tails to add to it.  And you know what?  It didn't bother me that the kids hardly touched it.  More for Hubby and I!  And yesterday I did up some white chocolate chip cranberry cookies.  Wow.  Just WOW!  The ones I did last time were peanut butter chocolate chip and I thought those were irresistibly good.  These ones are more so!  It is much more difficult to exercise that self control right now!  

1 comment:

  1. Lobster lasagna sounds delicious! Gosh I miss you guys. Come back west!!! :) Tons of well wishes for Mr. M tomorrow at the Doc's. Lots of love to you all!

    ReplyDelete